BROMPTON FOLDING BIKES
It’s generally acknowledged the BROMPTON folding bike is, without doubt, the finest in the world. Riding a BROMPTON is just about the nearest one can get to riding a conventional large wheel bicycle. Whether commuting a few daily miles or travelling long distance, the BROMPTON ride will feel comfortable, safe, responsive and rapid if you wish.
Whilst there are many permutations of the BROMPTON folding bike, handlebar shapes, number of gears, differing gear ratio, luggage and lighting fitments, colour range, here at CYCLE REVIVAL we stock a great range of BROMPTON, ready for the road. If you wish to enjoy the experience of choosing your own specification, using our expertise, just visit our lovely shop, have a chat over a cup of Rombouts coffee and test ride our BROMPTON demonstrators.
We are a Brompton Bespoke dealer, which means you can test any version Brompton: S type, M type, H type and the P type in 3 or 6 speed. You can be confident in service Knowledge and back up as we are a three cog, (highest level of work shop accreditation) dealer.
Unlike many other Brompton dealers, we don’t just talk BROMPTON, we stock and sell them!
Folding & Unfolding the Brompton Bike
The BROMPTON folds incredibly fast, to an eye-watering small package. It fits easily into luggage space on trains and buses (welcome on most public transport), caravans, motor-homes, boats, light aircraft (behind the pilot’s seat on single prop.), estate vehicles, car boot and easily checked in for commercial flights. Trip finished, the BROMPTON fits under desk space, cupboard or small cloakroom at restaurant and theatre.
Folding Sequence of the Brompton Bike
- Park the bike by swinging the rear wheel under the main frame – the Brompton will stand on its own, leaving both hands free
- Unclamp and fold back the front wheel – the right hand pedal should be moved out of the way if necessary – and hook onto the rear frame
- Unclamp and lower the handlebars and saddle, and stow the folding pedal; these items can be dealt with in any order after step 2
Unfolding a Brompton Bike
- Raise and clamp the saddle and handlebar, and unfold the folding pedal; these items can be dealt with in any order, but they must be unfolded before moving on to step 2
- Unfold and clamp front wheel; the bike is now parked
- Lift up the rear end of the bike – a little flick is usually the most effective method – to swing the rear wheel out; the bike is ready to ride
Brompton Bike Accessories
Just because the BROMPTON folding bike is relatively small that doesn’t mean that there are no extras available, there are plenty accessories available for this very high spec bike. There are different saddles, gears, carrying cases and even a specially designed Jacket for all occasions.
Please contact Cycle Revival on 01435 866118 to find out all the best Brompton Bike Accessories you need for your days out! We are Brompton specialists in East Sussex and supply Brompton Folding Bikes to the whole of the South East of England. What we don’t know about Brompton really isn’t worth knowing!
Please click on the images in our gallery if you would like to see them in a larger format.